WELCOME

Sharing my theme creations I've made to customize your Blackberry & other randomness.

If your looking for specific model themes, I do have a labels area below where you can search for example just 8500 themes or just 9700 themes by clicking on the corresponding label.

Pls don't post my themes & Ota links on other sites/forums/blogs WITHOUT my permission. You can however place a link directing them to my blog, but just because you have a link to my site under my theme images and the ota links doesn't mean it's ok. I would have to say I work hard for the themes I create, it takes time to create each one, and would appreciate the kindness at least of asking me first.

Get it? Got it? GOOD! :)

About Exporting to 4.6 os on 8500 & 8900

Hey dolls, so last night I realized that T-mobile had released on 09/02/2010 5.0 os (operating system) updates for both the 8500 & 8900. So I was up last night super late, should I say till this morning because I didnt finish until 230am. It's been a long time coming for these updates if you have T-mobile you will know about this. I didnt do any of the leaked ones because I was always hesitant about it messing up my blackberry which did happen to me once before. So I decided my bb's will be plain Janes until the official comes out, didn't matter too much because on my 9700 I already had 5.0 on it.

I got my hubby his first blackberry a few months ago, that is the 8500. He doesn't use it as most of us technology driven, data unlimited, bb addicts do. He uses it as mainly just a cell phone, but it was a good start for him. I assume sometime next year I'll put him in a droid or something just like it so I can have the 8500 as another toy/backup. :)

The 8900 I have is my love before I went to the 9700, also had 4.6 on it for the longest time. Once I had gotten used to the 5.0 I just couldn't settle in the 4.6 anymore. Sounds funny, but I love the screen transitions, and for SMS just one single message that looks almost like instant messaging back and forth rather than 200 messages one for sent and received back and forth.

One thing I love about the 8900 being on 5.0 os, is the fact if I make a 9700 theme, but using my 8900 I can still download and use that theme. The only thing I and many others have noticed is the fact if your on an 8900 and DL a 9700 theme the call screen image defaults to that blue default image, but everything else works fine. (this goes for any other themers themes not just mine) I have never had any issue or problem downloading a 9700 theme on the 8900, but If you haven't done this yet before, I suggest do so with caution, and make sure that you BACK-UP YOUR BLACKBERRY!!!

So for those T-mobile users who didn't know there was a new os update for your 8500 & 8900 Blackberry's go get them! :)



There are currently two ways you can do this.

1. You can go to the T-Mobile website, go under support, select your device, and then click on update software on the next screen. (It's a little blue icon off to the right) Sometimes T-mobile asks you to choose your device a second time, but that's a simple 2 second step, then it asks for your T-mobile phone number. It then gives you a list of software you can choose to download. For the os update, select the last one which says Handheld Software (v5.0.0.822)

2. Which I think is a lot easier, If you are currently using the most recent Blackberry Desktop Software :
*Plug in your device and it brings up a pop-up stating there is new software update for your device, would you like to download/update? Before accepting backup your device just in case!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

The update takes anywhere from 45-120 minutes I'd say. Yesterday I spent about 1 hour on each device. Try to do this around a time where you are less likely to use your phone, because once it gets started it is highly recommended that you DO NOT disconnect your device, as it may make your blackberry UNUSABLE to remove it mid update.

Also a quick note about doing the 8500 5.0 update, when you do this it will completely remove the Lock Icon on your Blackberry. (Which I think is lame that you can't get it back) But to lock it after the update you can press and hold the "A" key to unlock OR Press and LONG hold the Pause button on top of your blackberry. To Unlock, it's a quick press to the Pause button in both case's.

If you have any further concerns or anything don't forget if you have T-mobile they have representatives who can assist you with your questions, just call from another phone, or land-line so just in case they need to walk you thru something you aren't on the phone.

**On another note, my understanding T-mobile was one of the last carrier's to not have released an official 5.0 os update, that is why I created 4.6 OTA's but now that it is out I'm going to be exporting to 5.0 only. Hope you all can get your Blackberry's updated, I know you will like the changes if you havent been on 5.0 yet.***

Happy Berrying!

XOXO Ruby

2 Comments:

GlaMouRGirL said...

Thanks for this info Ruby! I've been wanting to update my OS for so long but I'm so afraid of losing all my info. I guess I'll just back it up and hope for the best!

LaDyRuBy said...

GoodLuck!

Post a Comment